Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

“She was a VIXEN when she went to school, and though she be but little, she is fierce” - Will Shakespeare


Since the title of this blog was inspired by my addiction to nail polish (thanks to my wonderful friend Jenn, xoxo), it’s only appropriate I tell you about my current fav color: Revlon Vixen. It’s classic, glides on evenly and really makes your nails pop without being tacky.

I was inspired to find a color like this after seeing a variety of celebs wearing a similar color, no doubt they were wearing Chanel “Vamp". However, I decided to save some cash and  buy a cheaper alternative. Revlon makes quality nail polish for a fraction of the price, and the best part of buying Revlon is you don‘t have to find a makeup counter to buy a fab color. All you have to do is make a quick run to your local drugstore. Chanel’s nail polish runs about $25, I bought my Revlon color on sale at CVS for $4.99. LOVE a good deal. 

This nail polish will last for at least a week with a good base coat and a fantastic top coat. For a base I usually Orly Bonder Basecoat, $4-$7 and INM Out-the-Door Topcoat - $5. If you’re looking for a staple fall nail color, Vixen is a great choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment